Covered Deck Ideas – If you want more spaces in your small size house in order to enjoy the atmosphere and the sun lights of summer, having covered deck or enclosed deck may be a great idea. There are a lot of covered deck ideas especially on the internet. So that you are able to choose which one is suitable and matched with the look of your house.
When you decide to have an enclosed deck in your house, there are some things you need to be considered. Such as the size, the materials to be used, the styles, and also the colors. The most important thing when you want an enclosed deck is, you need to know what it is going to be used mainly. So that you are able to adjust all of the things that need to be considered.
By having an enclosed deck in your house, you will be able to improve the space of living in your house. It is able to give you a space for relaxing with your family and close ones. But along with the benefits you are able to get by having an enclosed deck, there are also some cons about it. If you are looking for some informations about covered deck in order to help you whether you need to build one or not, here are some of them.
Features to be Combined with a Covered Deck Ideas
- By combining an enclosed deck with a screen enclosure will keep it from insects. Especially if you build your covered deck near the garden or the trees and plants in your house. Moreover, the installation of screen enclosure is quite affordable.
- Adding wall of folding glass will make your covered deck even more private. This one of covered deck ideas will make also make it prettier. But make sure you wipe the glass regularly.
The Pros of Having a Covered Deck
Here are some benefits if you decide to build an enlosed deck in your house.
1. By having an enclosed deck or covered deck in your house, you will be able to keep you and your family out from the weather. The weather in your country has a big role in how often and also when you are able to use your covered deck. If you put a roof or a cover over the deck in your house, you will be able to use it anytime.
2. You are not only able to use it when it is summer to enjoy the sun shines, but also you are able to use your enclosed deck or covered deck even though it is raining. So that you are also able to enjoy the coolness of the rain.
3. If you make the deck in your house covered or enclosed, you will be able to keep it last longer. So that you are able to use your covered deck or enclosed deck for a long time. The roof which is applied over your deck will be able to keep it from the damages caused by the weather such as the rain, the heat, the snow, and even the dirts. If you enclose or cover the deck in your house, it will not have to be suffered from those.
4. When it is summer, keeping the temperature of your house cool and shaded is important. So that you are able to keep the cost of the air conditioner in your house low. Having an enclosed deck in your house will allow shade come through your house. If you build a covered deck near the entering door in your house, the covered deck will be able to keep the heat of the sun comes through your house.
- 5. If you need a space which is more private for example for enjoying a hot tub, a covered deck is able to provide you one. So that your privacy is increased.
6. If you have children, an enclosed deck will be able to give them a safe area to play. Especially if the ages of your children are under 10 years old.
7. If you build an enclosed deck near your garden or near trees and plants in your house, you will clean it less. The roof which is applied over the deck will keep it from the falling leaves. So that you do not have to be clean it often especially when it is spring. This benefit of having an enclosed deck in your house is also as well as when it is raining.
When you decide to have a covered deck in your house, you decide to increase the value of your house. So that in the future you have a plan to put your house in the market, the price will be quite high because of the enclosed deck.
The Cons of Having a Covered Deck
As well as the benefits of having an enclosed deck, there are also some cons if you decide to have one in your house. And here they are.
|1||If you love to get tanned, it is pretty difficult if you do it in your enclosed deck. The roof which is applied over your deck will be blocking the heat of the sun.|
|2||When you decide to add an enclosed deck in your house, it means you have some areas to be cleaned and maintained. For example when it is winter, you need to make sure the weight of the snow in the roof which is applied over your deck. So that the roof will not collapse and in the end damage the deck. You also need to make sure there is no leaks, especially when it is fall.|
|3||By having a covered deck, the tax of your property will get higher. This may be the most confusing con if you do not want any more cost to be paid.|
|4||Building a covered deck cost you pretty much money.|